Just a little reminder that the deadline for applications to the 2013 URTA Auditions and Interviews is Monday 11/19/12. After that date, they will accept applications until 12/17/12 with payment of a late fee.
There is currently space available in all three sites, but spots are filling up, so get your applications in. The online application can be accessed at www.urta.com, and a paper version can be downloaded from the site, if preferred
Our member institutions have training programs which involve a comprehensive approach to theatre training; include one or more degree offerings leading to an MFA in theatre; and contain a graduate student body of a significant size and scope as to allow students to artistically collaborate with and intellectually stimulate one another.
Our producing company members are made up a combination of advanced students in training and professional artists and craftsmen employed as teachers working in association with a professional theatre company.
All of our members:
- believe in working towards the highest standards in theatre production and performance. These listings are our Institutional Members in alphabetical order, followed by the Associated and Affiliated Theatre Companies.
- want to help bring resident professional theatre to the University campus and its community.
- have a strong commitment to the other U/RTA members, students, faculty, professional artists and the theatre audiences we serve.
- believe in the integration of educational and professional theatre and will contribute towards the advancement and improvement of the American theatre.
- are committed to the development and expansion of high quality professional theatres and training laboratories, where advanced students and professional theatre artists work together to encourage achievement in production and performance.