Today at 12:30 in Theatre Forum, Andy Thompson from Student Life will be here to discuss student resources for a variety of concerns.
Based on the recent senior survey, 85 percent of students reported receiving support and encouragement from Office of Student Life that contributed to their success at K-State. What can Student Life do for you?
- Provide direct support and services to students
- Advocate for students in a variety of settings
- Connect students with accurate referrals for academic and personal problems
- Coordinate the university response to campus and student crises
- Monitor the campus environment and safety issues
- Administer and advise the student judicial program
- Support and serve as a resource for student family members
- Encourage appreciation of diverse experiences and perspectives
All of these areas fall under Student Life: Center for Advocacy, Response and Education, or CARE, — formerly the Women’s Center; the SafeZone Program; the LGBT Resource Center; and the Campaign for Nonviolence.