The OZ Museum / Columbian Theatre Foundation, Inc. is offering a hands-on, fast-paced internship position for the upcoming fall semester. We are seeking an energetic, reliable and creative marketing intern to assist the executive director in promoting The Columbian Theatre. This intensive, fun-filled and creative position will allow the intern to work with media outlets and the press to create and implement marketing plans.
The intern must be available to start in August 2017 and work between the hours of 8:00 am-6:00 pm, Monday–Friday. The internship will be 15 hours a week during school and full-time over school breaks (hours will be very flexible around class schedules).
Job responsibilities include…
- Planning, implementing and evaluating all Columbian Theatre marketing, promotions, public relations and communication efforts.
- Communicating with target audiences and managing customer relationships.
- Maintaining and updating customer database(s).
- Managing the production and distribution of marketing materials, including pamphlets, flyers, posters, newsletters, e-newsletters, etc.
- Assisting in website development for The Columbian Theatre’s website.
- Managing social media platforms for The Columbian Theatre.
- Creating and maintaining strong relationships with the community and sponsors.
- Candidate must possess excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
- Must possess internet research skills as well as have experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with Adobe programs such as Photoshop and/or InDesign preferred.
- Must be comfortable with drafting, editing and emailing newsletters, blogs and print articles to large amounts of people.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Advertising related program.
- Experience managing social media platforms for business preferred, but not necessary.
- Must have a sense of humor and “be able to hang”.
To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.