K-State Theatre is seeking proposals from students wishing to direct on the Second Stage (in the Purple Masque) in the 2018-2019 season. Due Monday, November 27, 2017. NOTE: This is earlier than previous years.
Eligibility by preference:
- Students who have successfully completed THTRE 565-Principles of Directing and THTRE 765-Practice in Directing (Lunchbag Theatre)
- Students who are enrolled in THTRE 565-Principles of Directing OR 765-Practice in Directing (Lunchbag Theatre) OR expect to enroll in 565 for fall 2018.
- Other proposals, including stage readings, new play readings, and graduate thesis projects, with a faculty recommendation
Interested students should submit a directing proposal to Jennifer Vellenga (firstname.lastname@example.org). Submit two plays titles for consideration and complete the directing proposal paperwork HERE (page 2). If you are requesting a special project to be scheduled (such as a new play reading), one submission is acceptable and the proposal can be completed by a playwright without a director attached.
Due Monday, November 27, 2017.
Give yourself plenty of time, the proposal requirements include:
- Electronic copies of TWO proposed scripts
- Narrative on how directing fits into your overall goals
- Reason for wanting to direct each of your TWO choices
- A beginning vision/concept/matrix: this is your unique take on the play
- Character breakdown
- Design requirements including sets, costumes, lights, sound, props, any special requirements (piano, musicians, onstage fights, accents, blood, children, live animals, puppets…)
- Optional: Suggested student design team
Please see Jennifer Vellenga (email@example.com) or any faculty member with your questions. We are happy to help advise on your play choices and proposals.