K-State Theatre is seeking proposals from students wishing to direct on the Second Stage (in the new Purple Masque). Due March 23.
Priorities for granting proposals are as follows:
- Graduate thesis projects
- Graduate students
- Undergraduates who have successfully completed coursework in THTRE 565-Principles of Directing and THTRE 765-Practice in Directing (Lunchbag Theatre)
- Other proposals supported by faculty vote
Interested students should submit a directing proposal to Jennifer Vellenga (firstname.lastname@example.org). Submit three plays for consideration.
The Second Stage Proposal form is due Monday, March 23, 2015 can be found here.
Give yourself plenty of time, the proposal requirements include:
- Narrative on how directing fits into your overall goals
- Reason for wanting to direct three particular plays
- Vision/concept: this is your unique take on the play
- Character breakdown
- Design requirements including sets, costumes, lights, sound, props, any special requirements.
Please see Jennifer Vellenga with questions.