K-State Theatre is seeking proposals from students wishing to direct on the Second Stage (in the Purple Masque). Due Monday, February 15,2016.
Priorities for granting proposals are as follows:
- Graduate thesis projects
- Undergraduates who have successfully completed coursework in THTRE 565-Principles of Directing and THTRE 765-Practice in Directing (Lunchbag Theatre)
- Undergraduates who have successfully completed coursework in THTRE 565-Principles of Directing
- Other proposals (including stage readings) supported by faculty vote
Interested students should submit a directing proposal to Jennifer Vellenga (email@example.com). Submit three plays for consideration. If you are requesting a special project to be scheduled (such as a new play reading), one submission is acceptable.
The Second Stage Proposal form is due Monday, February 15, 2016, and may be found here: Directing Proposal
Give yourself plenty of time, the proposal requirements include:
- Narrative on how directing fits into your overall goals
- Reason for wanting to direct each of your THREE choices
- A beginning vision/concept: this is your unique take on the play
- Character breakdown
- Design requirements including sets, costumes, lights, sound, props, any special requirements (piano, musicians, onstage fights, accents, blood, children, live animals, puppets…)
- Suggested student design team
Please see Jennifer Vellenga or any faculty member with your questions.